When will CITAM Karen open?
CITAM Karen will re-open for in-person services on Sunday September 13 2020. The first mid-week service will be held on Wednesday September 16 2020.
What time will the services be?
There will be two services every Sunday.
- First Service: 9:00AM to 10:30AM
- Second Service: 11:30AM to 1:00PM
The mid-week service will be on Wednesdays from 5:30PM to 7:00PM
Will the church accommodate everyone?
Children below 6 years old and adults above 65 years old are unfortunately not allowed. Due to physical distancing guidelines, the church can only accommodate 500 people per service. We will therefore require attendees to book in advance.
Will Sunday School and the teens church also open?
No. This first phase of the reopening session will only be limited to the main sanctuary. Other activities and meetings are currently prohibited.
How does one go about the booking process?
To book your seat, visit www.citam.org or use the USSD code *304*933# (for Safaricom users). [maxbutton id=”2″ extraclass=”popmake-welcome-back” ]
Here are the steps that you will be require to go through:
- Enter your Name
- Enter your Year of Birth
- Enter your Church Name
- Confirm your Church Name
- Choose the day you would like to book for
- Confirm whether you are booking for your home church or a different assembly
- Choose the service you would like to book for
- You will get a confirmation alert with your reservation
What happens to those who are not able/allowed to attend in-person worship?
The CITAM Broadcasting Services (CBS) will continue with its offering of the different services. We will always keep you updated of all CITAM Karen related communication through our website and social media channels.
Is it really safe to attend church?
We understand that this season carries with it anxious moments. To ensure the safety of the congregants who choose in-person worship, we have put measures as guided by the Ministry of Health and the Interfaith Council. Some of these measures include:
- Church cleaning – The church shall be fumigated 24 hours before the service day. After every service, the church shall be disinfected.
- Temperature checks – We will take note of the temperature of everyone entering the church compound. Members with higher than normal temperature will be advised to seek medical attention.
- Hand-washing – Before proceeding into the assembly, we will require that all attendees wash their hands. We have set up hand-washing stations around the compound.
- Sitting – Attendees will be required to sit at the designated sitting areas which will clearly be marked.
- Masks – All attendees will be required to have their masks on at all times. Attendees should always have their masks worn appropriately (covering both the mouth and the nose).
- Exit – To avoid overcrowding, exit out of the assembly shall be done on a bench-per-bench system. After the service, congregants will be required to leave immediately and avoid gathering and/or socializing outside. This will give adequate time for the church to be disinfected in preparation for the next service.
Will other ministry events take place?
All other ministry events shall continue online. The only in-person activities are the Sunday services and the mid-week services. Safari group fellowships are also encouraged to continue meeting online.
Are the church offices open?
We encourage reaching out to us through our online platforms (bit.ly/ContactCITAMKaren).
Will the church still coordinate weddings and/or funeral services?
Weddings will be conducted as per the government regulations, limiting to family members only.
Funeral services shall not happen, but burial services shall be conducted on site.
Please contact the church office for more information.
Will the Regional AGMs and the ADC take place?
The Southern Region (which CITAM Karen belongs to) will hold the Regional AGM on Saturday 19 September 2020. Details on the Annual Delegates Conference shall be shared once available. These events will now be virtual meetings through the Zoom platform.
Will the church compound remain open for private individual prayers?
Yes! The church compound shall remain accessible daily from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm for private individual prayers.
What are the channels of giving?
We encourage giving through mobile and online platforms.
- MPESA Paybill: 933941
Account : Tithe or Offering
- Bank details
Cooperative Bank – University Way
Christ Is The Answer Ministries – Karen
- Disinfected PDQ machines will also be availed for Mastercard or VISA card payments.
How can one go about donations?
Feel free to donate dry foodstuff by delivering to the church office.